Sunday, January 15, 2017

Sunday, January 15, 2017



Worked on revision for the novel. The movie I rented for research purposes, Bathory, was not closed captioned and didn’t have subtitles, even though it said on Netflix that it did. But, nope! Couldn’t use it for research. I wonder if I can find any books about Elizabeth Bathory at the library.

Also learned that I had the wrong Hungarian words to refer to a specific clan of vampire hunters. The words “gonosz szellem gyilkos” should be “démon gyilkos.” Um, GREMLIN hunters? Fail. Fixed it. Maybe my friend Aniko can help me with the Hungarian stuff.

I almost died laughing at the part where one character tells another character that they have “mated.” I suddenly saw Donna Noble telling the Doctor, “You’re not mating with me, sunshine!” https://www.pinterest.com/pin/414683078166511429/

Maybe I should title this novel “Being a Vampire is Hard.”

Finished the read-through. Now to work with my notes and figure out extra things for this book. It WILL be longer and officially novel-length. And I must now also do more research on Elizabeth Bathory!

No comments:

Post a Comment